[swift-dev] swift (ABI) and Windows

Saleem Abdulrasool compnerd at compnerd.org
Tue May 10 17:04:43 CDT 2016

On Tue, May 10, 2016 at 2:29 PM, Joe Groff <jgroff at apple.com> wrote:

> It might help to centralize the logic. In IRGen, there's a function
> getIRLinkage that decomposes a semantic SIL visibility into an LLVM linkage
> and visibility pair:
>
> https://github.com/apple/swift/blob/master/lib/IRGen/GenDecl.cpp#L1201
>
> It could be modified to produce a three-element tuple that includes the
> DLL storage class too.

Hah.  You should have a look at the pull request :-).  Thats exactly what I
had done.  However, that function is not used globally and I just audited
the other calls for llvm::Function::Create and llvm::GlobalAlias::create.
I believe that it should be correct now.  Thanks for the original hint that
I had missed an instance of the GlobalAlias.  I also updated the test cases
that I had for this.  Additional input on what would be good test cases
would be good too.

https://github.com/apple/swift/pull/2080

--
Saleem Abdulrasool