[swift-dev] ASan runtime does not come first

Joseph Bell joe at iachieved.it
Mon Apr 25 13:43:28 CDT 2016

What I've found out so far is that the tree built in the 'install'
directory (./install/usr) is not suitable to live side-by-side with /usr/
on the host machine.  My original approach (documented on
http://dev.iachieved.it/iachievedit/) was to ball everything up into a .deb
package that installed as an overlay to /usr/, this was just to make it
simple to get started.

Now with swift-2.2 and swift-3.0 and the possibility one might want to use
both (python2.7, python3), I'm going to change over to placing in
/opt/swift/VERSION and provide some alternatives mechanism, OR, use the
approach that python2.7, 3, etc. use where there is a /usr/bin/python2.7/,
/usr/lib/python2.7/, etc. and /usr/bin/python links back there.

tl;dr:  I don't know what occurs exactly but the equivalent of rsync -a
./install/usr/ /usr/ (overlay) causes mayhem for starting the REPL.

--
Joseph Bell