[swift-dev] build error: INSTALL cannot find readline.so

Joseph Bell joe at iachieved.it
Mon Apr 25 07:55:22 CDT 2016

Rob, this is a known build bug tracked by
https://bugs.swift.org/browse/SR-1287.  I have only been able to reproduce
this by restarting a build after some previous failure.  The workaround
(for me at least) is to delete the build directory and restart from the
beginning (not ideal to be sure).

Joe

On Mon, Apr 25, 2016 at 5:19 AM, Rob Allen via swift-dev <
swift-dev at swift.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to compile swift manually using this command:
>
>  swift/utils/build-script --preset=buildbot_linux_1510
> installable_package=/home/rob/swift.tar.gz
> install_destdir=/home/rob/swift-install
>
> It all seems to go okay until this error:
>
> Make Error at scripts/Python/modules/readline/cmake_install.cmake:44
> (file):
>   file INSTALL cannot find
>
> "/home/rob/swift-dev/build/buildbot_linux/lldb-linux-x86_64/scripts/Python/modules/readline/CMakeFiles/CMakeRelink.dir/readline.so".
> Call Stack (most recent call first):
>   scripts/Python/modules/cmake_install.cmake:37 (include)
>   scripts/cmake_install.cmake:41 (include)
>   cmake_install.cmake:42 (include)
>

> How do I solve this?
>
> Regards,
>
> Rob...