[swift-dev] Libraries written in Objective-C in Swift 3

Chris Bailey BAILEYC at uk.ibm.com
Mon Apr 25 07:45:34 CDT 2016

Is there a view (yet) on if/when/how the "Swift" implementation of
Foundation will be used on Darwin?

Currently under TestFoundation, the "Swift" version is its imported as
SwiftFoundation on Darwin. Is the medium/long term view? ie, that the
Swift implementation will be "SwiftFoundation", with function renaming
done to drop the "NS", thereby allowing developers to keep their existing
applications on the Obj-C implementation, or consciously decide to migrate
to the Swift version?

Thanks,

Chris