[swift-dev] SIMD in open source Swift?

Geordie Jay geojay at gmail.com
Mon Apr 18 10:39:51 CDT 2016

Dear fellow Swift-Devvers,

On Darwin we have a SIMD module, but I’m assuming (based on playing around with it in the past) that it is unavailable in open-source Swift.

Does anyone know another way of using SIMD intrinsics in a cross-platform way (Linux-only would also do)? Also, is it a goal to provide at least SIMD intrinsics and basic operations within Swift’s core in the future, or is the general philosophy that this kind of thing will be maintained by the community?

Regards,
Geordie