[swift-dev] merging Swift 3 branches into master

Shawn Erickson shawnce at gmail.com
Tue Mar 8 17:25:42 CST 2016

On Tue, Mar 8, 2016 at 3:11 PM Max Moiseev via swift-dev <
swift-dev at swift.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> As you all are probably aware, we’ve done a lot of work on API Naming
> Guidelines recently. Standard Library has changed significantly to adopt
> new names. swiftpm, swift-corelibs-foundation, swift-corelibs-xctest, and
> swift-lldb have also been ported to Swift 3.
>
> The work has been tracked in separate branches so far, and now it’s time
> to merge them all into master. We are planning to perform this merge in
> coming days.
>
> Please raise your concerns, should you have any.

It may be good to reduce the number of outstanding PRs? It is highly likely
that a good number will run afoul of these changes. ...of course the effort
to fix up things may be best distributed to those with the outstanding PRs.

I say the sooner the "pain" is absorbed the better.

-Shawn