[swift-dev] Right list?

Daniel Dunbar daniel_dunbar at apple.com
Fri Feb 19 14:08:14 CST 2016

swift-build-dev is the development list for work on the package manager (and llbuild).

The namespace discussion is definitely an interesting topic to bring up. One thing which is currently true is that you effectively have a two-level namespace, the Git URL which is how SwiftPM finds your package, and the module name. The Git URL effectively encodes the part you are using as an origin, but of course that doesn't suffice:
1. If/when we had some kind of global index.
2. For the purposes of general ambiguity, if there are two popular FooBar packages.
3. If you have a package tree that happens to have conflicts.

 - Daniel