[swift-dev] Build Failures for Swift Repos

Greg Parker gparker at apple.com
Fri Jan 15 22:00:57 CST 2016

> On Jan 15, 2016, at 5:18 PM, Joseph Bell via swift-dev <swift-dev at swift.org> wrote:
>
> So, I don't want to spam the mailing list if its inappropriate, and there's no expectation that the system always builds, so if this is noise please let me know.  I'm just raising it because I'd like to build everything to create Ubuntu packages.  I can always go off of a tag if folks think that would be a better approach.

Feel free to continue reporting problems on this list. We have automated builders internally, but problems uncovered there aren't always addressed promptly. You will need to specify the OS version that you are trying to build for, though.

For building packages you may want to stick with the "snapshot" tags. Those tags are used to build the packages at swift.org/download/. They are known to build cleanly and run the automated tests on the supported OS versions so they ought to be more likely to work.

--
Greg Parker     gparker at apple.com     Runtime Wrangler