[swift-dev] swift without markup/cmark

Dmitri Gribenko gribozavr at gmail.com
Fri Jan 8 19:37:46 CST 2016

On Sat, Jan 9, 2016 at 2:39 AM, Rafkind, Jon <jon.rafkind at hpe.com> wrote:
> I've tried on linux and osx. I'm sure the build works with the provided
> build scripts, but right now I am doing a more traditional build where I
> build each component, install it to some local place, then reference the
> local paths in the next component that needs it. This is the typical
> workflow of many open source projects.

I want to warn you that by doing that you are stepping into
unsupported land, and you might build a compiler that does not work,
or works slowly, and libraries that work slowly or fail in unusual
ways.  Please read the last paragraph of `./utils/build-script
--help`.

If you have unusual build requirements, I would strongly recommend to
factor them into build-script.

Dmitri