[swift-dev] Radar and bugs.swift.org

Ted kremenek kremenek at apple.com
Sun Jan 3 01:38:26 CST 2016

> On Dec 31, 2015, at 12:03 PM, Joe Groff via swift-dev <swift-dev at swift.org> wrote:
>

>> On Dec 31, 2015, at 11:47 AM, Keith Smiley via swift-dev <swift-dev at swift.org> wrote:
>>
>> Would it be worthwhile for the swift team if those of us who have created many swift related radars to copy them over to bugs.swift.org?
>
> Definitely. If you can spare the extra effort, we'd appreciate cross references between the public and Radar bugs on Jira and Radar too.

+1

For the Swift Team at Apple, we're looking into what workflows will work best for tracking issues and managing our engineering work in the two bug databases.  We'd like to keep issues in JIRA as much as possible, but we'll also being using Radar heavily as we use it for managing our engineering work and tracking the resolution of issues/fixes into Apple's shipping tools.  Cross-referencing between the two will be invaluable, and we'll likely invest some effort on our side to having some tooling to help bridge at least from JIRA issues to Radar so we can keep more of the core issue tracking in JIRA.