[swift-dev] Dockerized Swift, Build Times and Other Notes Regarding CI

Brad Erickson brad at eosrei.net
Sat Dec 19 17:23:23 CST 2015

Thanks! The non-prebuilts work well. It took a while for me to work out the
details.

The 14.04 prebuilt container is having some issues which is why it's still
private on Hub. I can make it public or add you to it. I must be missing
something in mimicking the buildbot_linux preset minus tests, because it
ends up doing a full build. Testing is frustrating due to the consistent
Swift project build failures. So, I have to make sure the current checkout
works, then build the prebuilt, then test it; which ends up taking about
5-6hrs. It's actually why I haven't looked at it in a few days. I hope this
project gets pre-merge CI enabled ASAP.

-Brad Erickson