[swift-dev] Beginner's questions about building Swift from source etc.

Jens Persson jens at bitcycle.com
Thu Dec 10 09:41:54 CST 2015

Thanks!
I tried the above to compile with the buildbot_osx_package preset. It kind
of worked, but it failed while performing the tests.
(TEST 'Swift :: Driver/Dependencies/bindings-build-record.swift' FAILED)
So, I got a working swiftc etc but no package or toolchain or anything (at
least as far as I could see).

However, trying out the resulting swiftc shows that it is slow, ie the
buildbot_osx_package preset did not imply --no-assertions
--no-swift-stdlib-assertions.

Since I am interesting in observing the latest improvements in the
optimizer, I wonder if any of the existing presets will build the std lib
without assertions, and produce an installable package (which will give me
toolchain)?

As previously stated, my goal is simply(?) to be able to use / try out
these in parallell:
1. Xcode.app
2. Xcode-beta.app
3. built-from-sources

/Jens

--
bitCycle AB | Smedjegatan 12 | 742 32 Östhammar | Sweden
http://www.bitcycle.com/
E-mail: jens at bitcycle.com