[swift-corelibs-dev] Better integration with UNIX tools

Tony Parker anthony.parker at apple.com
Tue Nov 28 10:00:10 CST 2017

Why does it imply a run loop rather than one of many multithreading possibilities (dispatch queue, starting one more thread, etc)? And even if it did use run loops, why is that a problem?

In general we have been discouraging the use of synchronous and blocking API for many years now. It’s convenient for a script like this, but the API under discussion would be available to all kinds of apps. We must look for a solution that is general enough to be useful everywhere.

- Tony