[swift-corelibs-dev] Xcode build broken with latest snapshot

Ian Partridge ipartridge at gmail.com
Tue Jun 27 10:29:05 CDT 2017

On 27 June 2017 at 15:42, Ian Partridge <ipartridge at gmail.com> wrote:
> With Xcode 9 beta 2, swift.org DEVELOPMENT-SNAPSHOT-2017-06-26-a, and
latest master of swift-corelibs-foundation and swift-corelibs-xctest the
build fails in the SwiftXCTest target with:

> <unknown>:0: error: unknown argument: '-index-store-path'
>
> Command
/Library/Developer/Toolchains/swift-DEVELOPMENT-SNAPSHOT-2017-06-26-a.xctoolchain/usr/bin/swiftc
failed with exit code 1

To answer my own question - I was able to get the Xcode build working by
running:

defaults write com.apple.dt.Xcode IDEIndexEnableBoltIndex NO

Many thanks to Simon Evans for pointing me at the right incantation!

--
Ian Partridge