[swift-corelibs-dev] Xcode build broken with latest snapshot

Ian Partridge ipartridge at gmail.com
Tue Jun 27 09:42:42 CDT 2017

Hi,

Just back from vacation, I'm trying to update my Xcode development
environment for Foundation to the latest levels.

With Xcode 9 beta 2, swift.org DEVELOPMENT-SNAPSHOT-2017-06-26-a, and
latest master of swift-corelibs-foundation and swift-corelibs-xctest the
build fails in the SwiftXCTest target with:

<unknown>:0: error: unknown argument: '-index-store-path'

Command
/Library/Developer/Toolchains/swift-DEVELOPMENT-SNAPSHOT-2017-06-26-a.xctoolchain/usr/bin/swiftc
failed with exit code 1
It looks like the -index-store-path option has been removed from the
compiler recently, but is still being referred to somewhere.  I have poked
around but can't see where this option is coming from.

The full option being passed to the compiler is -index-store-path
/Users/ipartrid/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Foundation-dlbuoxyagtlausbjtyopapynebeb/Index/DataStore

Can anyone advise?

--
Ian Partridge