[swift-corelibs-dev] Final merge from master to swift-3.1-branch

Nicole Jacque nicole_jacque at apple.com
Fri Jan 13 08:49:07 CST 2017

Hello Swift Developers-

As outlined in Ted’s Swift 3.1 Release Process blog post, for the past month, we’ve been periodically merging master to the swift-3.1-branch branch.  We will be doing one final merge of master to the swift-3.1-branch on January 17 at noon (Pacific). Note that we’ve pushed this back a day due to the MLK Jr. Day holiday.   Any changes landed after that time will require approval via a pull request against the swift-3.1-branch branch in order to include them in the Swift 3.1 release.  After this final merge, development on master will be targeted for Swift 4.

Snapshots of the swift-3.1-branch will be made available on the downloads page (https://swift.org/download/ <https://swift.org/download/>).  Snapshots will be made available daily, if all package generation CI tests are passing.