[swift-corelibs-dev] NSRegularExpression - NS prefix not dropped on Darwin

Tony Parker anthony.parker at apple.com
Fri Sep 16 23:19:08 CDT 2016

Hi Pushkar,

We decided to keep the NS on NSRegularExpression because we know that a strong goal for the Swift language is to have built-in support for regex. We wanted to be cautious about taking the name without knowing more about how that feature would shake out.

We should get a JIRA filed or a PR up to put the NS back for the class name in swift-corelibs-foundation.

Thanks,
- Tony