[swift-corelibs-dev] difficulty building Foundation from fresh clone following getting started guides.

Aaron Crespo aaroncrespo at gmail.com
Sat Mar 12 15:42:08 CST 2016

I was looking into some XCTest starter issues and ran into hiccups building
Foundation according to the getting started guides.

* I'm running Xcode 7.3 with the latest toolchain (3/1/2016a).
* fresh clones off master of swift-corelibs-foundation,
swift-corelibs-xctest (directory siblings)
* CoreFoundation builds fine.
* SwiftFoundation fails with multiple errors and missing types.

The getting started guides, say to use the "Latest" Xcode should I be using
7.2? or is the latest considered the Beta version.
It also says to use the latest snapshot which is 3/1/2016a for dev and
Swift 2.2 for release the Guide link just takes me to the list of all
snapshots.

Should I just open a bug?

Thanks.