[swift-corelibs-dev] NSJSONSerialization and bridging

David P Grove groved at us.ibm.com
Sat Mar 5 09:12:03 CST 2016

swift-corelibs-dev-bounces at swift.org wrote on 03/04/2016 05:44:31 PM:

> We haven’t really made any progress in this area, unfortunately.
>
> It would be awesome if someone could take up the banner of getting
> bridging to work on non-ObjC platforms.

Hi Tony,

	I'd be happy to be some of the development "muscle" to help execute a
plan, but I don't yet have the overall grasp of the Swift implementation
needed to propose a plan.

	I think the libdispatch import/object model task I'm working on now
is probably a useful warmup exercise, but even after that is done I expect
I'll need some pointers on how to tackle the bigger problem of bridging in
general.

	Is there are chance there is a design worked out for bridging
alternatives on Linux that could be shared?

thanks,

--dave