[swift-corelibs-dev] Changing the name of XCTest* to Test*

Brian Gesiak modocache at gmail.com
Sat Feb 27 08:40:12 CST 2016

Sorry I haven't been following the evolution process very closely: will prefixes be dropped from the SDK overlays? In other words: will Apple XCTest's "XCTestCase", when used from Swift, be named "TestCase"?

I ask because the primary goal of swift-corelibs-xctest is to allow developers to write one set of tests that will seamlessly work on all platforms. So I think corelibs-xctest will continue to use whatever names Apple XCTest uses--after all, it would be a pain if developers had to write:
#if os(Darwin)class MyTestCase: XCTestCase {#elseclass MyTestCase: TestCase {    // ...}
- Brian Gesiak