[swift-corelibs-dev] testing guidance

Scott Guyer saguyer at gmail.com
Mon Feb 8 13:12:38 CST 2016

Hi folks,

  I've tried to determine the current best practice for managing projects
with tests. I figure I would just ask ...

Scenario: I have a project with a code module and a test module. I need it
to run on both macosx (darwin) as well as Linux.

Using swiftpm on Linux works fine. It fails on macosx (the error is that an
underlying dependency for XCTest cannot be loaded). What I read is that
corelibs-xctest was not meant to be run on Darwin. I'm coming to the
conclusion that I should have a .xcodeproj with a framework target and test
target for Darwin testing. Leaving the swiftpm approach for Linux only.

Does that sound about right?

Thanks!
-Scott