[swift-users] Start another program from Swift script

Karl Wagner razielim at gmail.com
Thu Jan 4 12:30:54 CST 2018

These kinds of things live in Foundation, not the standard library:

import Foundation

let p = Process()
p.executableURL = URL(fileURLWithPath: "/bin/ps")
try p.run()

The Process class provides you with stdin/out/error handles for the process (https://developer.apple.com/documentation/foundation/process).
FileHandle also provides these standard streams for the current process (https://developer.apple.com/documentation/foundation/filehandle).

- Karl