[swift-users] Experimenting with conditional conformances

Antonino Ficarra antonino.ficarra at gmail.com
Wed Nov 29 00:08:54 CST 2017

There are different algorithms for Element==CGPoint, Element==[CGPoint],  Element==[AreaPoint], etc…

Your second suggestion work:

protocol Inertial {
	func	convexHull( _ t:AffineTransform? ) -> [CGPoint]
	func	area( _ t:AffineTransform? ) -> CGFloat
	func	firstOrderMomentums( _ t:AffineTransform? ) -> (x:CGFloat,y:CGFloat)
	func	secondOrderMomentums( _ t:AffineTransform? ) -> (xx:CGFloat,xy:CGFloat,yy:CGFloat)
}

protocol InertialElement {
	static func convexHull( elements:[Self], _ t: AffineTransform?) -> [CGPoint]
	static func area( elements:[Self],_ t: AffineTransform?) -> CGFloat
	static func firstOrderMomentums( elements:[Self],_ t: AffineTransform?) -> (x: CGFloat, y: CGFloat)
	static func secondOrderMomentums( elements:[Self],_ t: AffineTransform?) -> (xx: CGFloat, xy: CGFloat, yy: CGFloat)
}

extension Array : Inertial where Element : InertialElement {
	func convexHull(_ t: AffineTransform?) -> [CGPoint] {
		return Element.convexHull(elements: self, t)
	}

	func area(_ t: AffineTransform?) -> CGFloat {
		return Element.area(elements: self, t)
	}

	func firstOrderMomentums(_ t: AffineTransform?) -> (x: CGFloat, y: CGFloat) {
		return Element.firstOrderMomentums(elements: self, t)
	}

	func secondOrderMomentums(_ t: AffineTransform?) -> (xx: CGFloat, xy: CGFloat, yy: CGFloat) {
		return Element.secondOrderMomentums(elements: self, t)

and than:

extension CGPoint : InertialElement  {
	static func convexHull( elements:[CGPoint], _ t: AffineTransform?) -> [CGPoint] {
		return ConvexHull.convexHull( points:elements ).map { $0 * t }
	}

	static func area( elements:[CGPoint],_ t: AffineTransform?) -> CGFloat {
		return InertialUti.area( polig: elements,t )
	}

	static func firstOrderMomentums( elements:[CGPoint],_ t: AffineTransform?) -> (x: CGFloat, y: CGFloat) {
		return InertialUti.firstOrderMomentums( polig:elements,t )
	}

	static func secondOrderMomentums( elements:[CGPoint],_ t: AffineTransform?) -> (xx: CGFloat, xy: CGFloat, yy: CGFloat) {
		return InertialUti.secondOrderMomentums( polig:elements,t )

extension Array : InertialElement where Element == CGPoint {

extension AreaPoint : InertialElement  {

etc...

Thanks, Slava. :-)

Antonino