[swift-users] Where to read about *.swiftmodule file format?

Slava Pestov spestov at apple.com
Tue Nov 28 15:07:40 CST 2017

Hi Volodymyr,

The format is not documented anywhere and is subject to change. A good starting point is include/swift/Serialization/ModuleFormat.h, but I would first be curious to know what exactly you’re planning on doing with it.

It might be better to extend swift-ide-test and similar utilities to dump the information you need in an easy to parse format, and exec() them from your IDE, instead of attempting to parse swift modules directly.

Slava