[swift-users] Cancelling an SPM build cleanly

Geordie J geojay at gmail.com
Tue Nov 7 12:25:00 CST 2017

I was just reminded of this issue by another thread (thanks Daniel Dunbar for https://github.com/apple/swift-llbuild/pull/196 <https://github.com/apple/swift-llbuild/pull/196>!)

Is it possible to cancel an SPM build cleanly? If I run swift build and then press Ctrl-C halfway through I end up in a weird broken state that requires a swift package clean before anything works again. Maybe because SPM thinks it’s still building the last job?

I ask because sometimes I start a build, realise I actually wanted to make one more change and then press start again. This works in Xcode and breaks in SPM.

Thanks,
Geordie