[swift-users] Justification for Swift Design Decisions?

Austin Zheng austinzheng at gmail.com
Tue Oct 31 15:39:36 CDT 2017

To expand on this, most (if not all) the proposals in the list of proposals
on GitHub (https://github.com/apple/swift-evolution/tree/master/proposals)
have a "Rationale" link to a mailing list archive post by one of the Swift
core team members explaining why a certain decision was reached. Those are
probably worth looking through. Some of the simpler and less controversial
proposals have almost no explanation, but the larger and controversial
proposals have extensively written-up rationale posts.

Best,
Austin