[swift-users] dealing with heterogenous lists/dictionary with Codable

Itai Ferber iferber at apple.com
Thu Oct 19 14:48:18 CDT 2017

David,

Is there an issue with extending the enum as necessary with new cases to
support what you need?

```swift
enum MyType : Codable {
     case int(Int)
     case string(String)
     case newThingy(NewThingy)
     case list([MyType])
     case dictionary([String : MyType])

     // …
}
```

`NewThingy` can still be declared on its own and have a synthesized
`Codable` implementation.

— Itai