[swift-users] package graphroot error

Ole Begemann ole at oleb.net
Wed Oct 11 07:32:27 CDT 2017

On 01.10.17 19:28, Muhammad Tahir Vali via swift-users wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've updated to swift 4.0 and downloaded a CL tool swiftenv . Mixing
> and debugging with different versions , I may have messed up my swift
> environment variables and ultimately deleted my swift-tools. How do I
> safely default everything back to working form?
>
> swift tools --version
>
> error: unable to invoke subcommand:
> /Library/Developer/Toolchains/swift-4.0-RELEASE.xctoolchain/usr/bin/swift-tools
> (No such file or directory)

If you still have swiftenv installed, try this:

$ swiftenv global
4.0

This returns the Swift version swiftenv is currently configured to. If
it returns a version that is no longer installed on your system (e.g.
something like 4.0-RELEASE, you can reset it to something else with:

$ swiftenv global 4.0

Call:

$ swiftenv versions

to get a list of all available versions.

The version selection is stored in a text file at ~/.swiftenv/version,
so I think you can also delete that file to reset it.