[swift-users] RSS feed for the Swift.org blog not working

Alex Blewitt alblue at apple.com
Wed Sep 20 15:51:18 CDT 2017

As you will have noted in my prior response, the atom.xml includes the blog post from yesterday that announced Swift 4.0 release. So clearly the posts are included and there is something failing in your client. Please investigate further.

The posts appear to be listed in ascending date order (i.e. more recent ones are at the bottom). If your client is assuming they are in descending order, and only showing you the first N posts, then you might have this behaviour. For example:

$ grep title atom.xml
  <title type="text" xml:lang="en">Swift.org</title>
    <title>The Swift.org Blog</title>
    <title>The Swift Linux Port</title>
    <title>Swift 3 API Design Guidelines</title>
    <title>Swift 2.2 Release Process</title>
    <title>It's Coming: the Great Swift API Transformation</title>
    <title>Continuous Integration now Available</title>
    <title>Swift Benchmark Suite now Available</title>
    <title>Expanding Commit Access</title>
    <title>Swift 2.2 Released!</title>
    <title>New Features in Swift 2.2</title>
    <title>Swift 3.0 Release Process</title>
    <title>Swift 2.3</title>
    <title>Swift 3.0 Preview 1 Released!</title>
    <title>Xcode Playground Support</title>
    <title>Swift 3.0 Released!</title>
    <title>Whole-Module Optimization in Swift 3</title>
    <title>Server APIs Work Group</title>
    <title>Swift 3.1 Release Process</title>
    <title>Swift Evolution Status Page Now Available</title>
    <title>Faster Mix-and-Match Builds with Precompiled Bridging Headers</title>
    <title>Swift 4 Release Process</title>
    <title>Swift 3.1 Released!</title>
    <title>Swift Source Compatibility Test Suite Now Available</title>
    <title>Swift Package Manager Manifest API Redesign</title>
    <title>Swift Local Refactoring</title>
    <title>Swift 4.0 Released!</title>

Alex