[swift-users] RSS feed for the Swift.org blog not working

Alex Blewitt alblue at apple.com
Wed Sep 20 11:19:19 CDT 2017

The feed seems to have data in it, and includes the swift 4.0 release note:

  <entry>
    <title>Swift 4.0 Released!</title>

    <author>

      <name>Ted Kremenek</name>

    </author>
    <link href="https://swift.org/blog/swift-4-0-released/"/>
    <updated>2017-09-19T05:00:00-07:00</updated>
    <id>https://swift.org/blog/swift-4-0-released/</id>
    <content type="html">&lt;p&gt;Swift 4 is now officially released!  Swift 4 builds on the strengths of Swift 3, delivering greater robustness and stability, providing source code compatibility with Swift 3, ma
king improvements to the standard library, and adding features like archival and serialization.&lt;/p&gt;

When you curl the feed, what happens?

curl https://swift.org/atom.xml

Note that the feed is an Atom feed, rather than an RSS feed, but it should still be possible for your favourite news reader to process it. It may also be caused by having marked the feed as read; in which case, removing it and adding it again should work.

Alex