[swift-users] XML parsing on Linux, with Swift 3.1

CK TUNG cktung at mac.com
Tue Sep 5 02:53:16 CDT 2017

This revised code, as below, works without segmentation fault

import Foundation

class ParserDelegate: NSObject, XMLParserDelegate {

    func startParsing(_ xml:String) {
        let data = xml.data(using: .utf8)!
        let xmlParser = XMLParser(data: data)
        xmlParser.delegate = self
        xmlParser.parse()
    }

    func parserDidStartDocument(_ parser: XMLParser) {
        print("Starting document")
    }

    func parser(_ parser: XMLParser, didStartElement elementName: String, namespaceURI: String?, qualifiedName qName: String?, attributes attributeDict: [String : String]) {
        print("*** \(elementName)")

let test = ParserDelegate()
test.startParsing(xml)

class ParserDelegate: NSObject, XMLParserDelegate {
func parserDidStartDocument(_ parser: XMLParser) {
print("Starting document")
}

func parser(_ parser: XMLParser, didStartElement elementName: String, namespaceURI: String?, qualifiedName qName: String?, attributes attributeDict: [String : String] = [:]) {
print("*** \(elementName)")

let data = xml.data(using: .utf8)!
let xmlParser = XMLParser(data: data)
xmlParser.delegate = ParserDelegate()