[swift-users] Is it possible to install Swift 4 on El Capitan with Xcode 8?

Mr Bee pak.lebah at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 4 22:06:32 CDT 2017

swift-users at swift.org>:

> In your position, I’d go to the Downloads part of Swift.org and fetch the
> latest build of the Swift 4 toolchain for Mac. (It’s still in flux, but
> it’ll probably be promoted to latest/stable this month.)
>
> Install the toolchain. This adds a Toolchains tab to the Components
> section of the Preferences window. Select Swift 4.0 Snapshot.

Ok, I'll try it out once Swift 4 is officially released. So, that means
Swift 4 will work on Xcode 8, I suppose.

> That should do for you, but I don’t have exactly your hardware and OS.
> When you say you “couldn’t install Xcode 9 and Swift 4,” you may mean that
> you couldn’t install Swift 4 even separately.

Sorry… I should have said "couldn't install Xcode 9 *with* Swift 4". I've
never installed Swift separately, I used whatever Xcode brought me. But
since Xcode 9 couldn't be installed on my Mac, I got no other options.

Thank you.

--

Regards,

–Mr Bee