[swift-users] Is it possible to install Swift 4 on El Capitan with Xcode 8?

Mr Bee pak.lebah at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 2 05:04:32 CDT 2017

Hi,

Since I'm still using my old mid-2009 Macbook Pro, which is still working
very well by the way, I'm stucked with macOS El Capitan (10.11.6) with
Xcode 8 and Swift 3. Hence, I also couldn't install Xcode 9 and Swift 4
because they required at least macOS Sierra (10.12).

So, is there any other way to install Swift 4 manually and make it working
with Xcode 8 that I got on my Mac? I know I'll miss some IDE features of
Xcode 9 but it's alright as long as I can use Swift 4 with old SDKs.

Any hints? Thank you.

--

Regards,

–Mr Bee