[swift-users] Unable to start Swift REPL

Pierre Thibault pierre.thibault1.dev at gmail.com
Wed Aug 30 13:09:56 CDT 2017

Hello,

I am new to Swift. I just installed it.

I installed swift-3.1.1-RELEASE-osx.pkg then
swift-3.1.1-RELEASE-osx-symbols.pkg.

I added this line in ~/.bashrc:

export
PATH=/Library/Developer/Toolchains/swift-latest.xctoolchain/usr/bin:"${PATH}"

Then when I start swift in my terminal. I have this:

warning: (x86_64)
/Library/Developer/Toolchains/swift-3.1.1-RELEASE.xctoolchain/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/LLDB.framework/Resources/repl_swift
empty dSYM file detected, dSYM was created with an executable with no debug
info.
error: failed to launch REPL process: process launch failed: unable to
locate debugserver

Do you know how I can fix this error?