[swift-users] Search for Swift packages on GitHub

Kilian Koeltzsch me at kilian.io
Wed Aug 9 03:33:15 CDT 2017

You're absolutely right about the additional information. Unfortunately some of these (does it support my platform, what versions of Swift it builds on) are hard to tell without actually building the package several times with differing hardware/toolchains. Others (does it depend on Foundation, how well it's documented) would at least require analyzing the complete source, which still isn't quite feasible without a dedicated service elsewhere having already completed that work.
For authors that have integrations set up with services that help with test coverage, documentation etc. it might be possible to just hook into those, but unfortunately the count of these isn't close to anything that would make this worth it. At least as far as I know.

The list of dependencies listed in a packages' manifest however can easily be pulled into this, in fact I already have that queued up. It's definitely nothing major but easily included.

Thanks for the list of suggestions though! They're much appreciated :)

Cheers,
Kilian