[swift-users] What is up with names not being Strings any more in Swift 4?

Manfred Schubert dev at schubert-it.com
Mon Jul 17 11:04:48 CDT 2017

> Am 17.07.2017 um 17:47 schrieb Joe Groff <jgroff at apple.com>:
>
> Yeah, this is the intended use pattern for these namespaced constant. You don't need the `rawValue:` label, though:
>
> extension NSImage.Name {
>  static let myImage = Name("myImage")
> }

It would be possible to do the same thing as an extension to String without making the default/simple case more complicated. So I would have said this is overkill, but I'm fine with it.

What remains is the question whether it is possible to create NSBindingNames in a safe way, like from #selector().

Kind regards,

Manfred