[swift-users] is this a defect in equatable for swift tuples?

Jens Persson jens at bitcycle.com
Sun Jul 9 14:00:28 CDT 2017

Since Array has .elementsEqual, another workaround (until conditional
conformance) is:

class Tree : Equatable {
    let rootData:Int
    let children:[(String, Tree)]

    init(rootData: Int, children: [(String, Tree)]) {
        self.rootData = rootData
        self.children = children
    }
    static public func ==(_ lhs:Tree, _ rhs:Tree) -> Bool {
        return lhs.rootData == rhs.rootData &&
            lhs.children.elementsEqual(rhs.children, by: { (a: (String,
Tree), b: (String, Tree)) -> Bool in
                return a.0 == b.0 && a.1 == b.1
            })