[swift-users] Class vs Structures

Alex Blewitt alblue at apple.com
Thu Jun 29 13:21:09 CDT 2017

> On 29 Jun 2017, at 18:16, Vitor Navarro via swift-users <swift-users at swift.org> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I know this question is probably done a thousand times, but I wanted to hear from Swift dev community.

What is the question?

> I think both of them have right places for usage depending on the occasion but documentation, WWDC and the internet give opposite answers regarding this.

Do you have references that you can share?

> Do you guys have any guideline regarding usage here?

The Swift Programming Language  sums up the similarities and differences between classes and structures quite well:

https://developer.apple.com/library/content/documentation/Swift/Conceptual/Swift_Programming_Language/ClassesAndStructures.html <https://developer.apple.com/library/content/documentation/Swift/Conceptual/Swift_Programming_Language/ClassesAndStructures.html>

Alex