[swift-users] [swift-evolution] Plan to move swift-evolution and swift-users mailing lists to Discourse

Charles Srstka cocoadev at charlessoft.com
Wed Jun 7 09:44:15 CDT 2017

> On Mar 20, 2017, at 11:39 AM, Jon Shier via swift-evolution <swift-evolution at swift.org> wrote:
>
> 	So when is this transition happening? The sooner the better, as Mail can’t really handle threads with large messages, like the recent evolution threads about Foundation serialization and decoding. It just stops rendering messages.

Huh, I figured I was the only one that happened to since the Radar I opened on that actually didn’t get marked as a duplicate (rdar://31137438 <rdar://31137438>). For me, it was worse than you describe; once I clicked on that thread, Mail would stop rendering messages from *any* thread, not just that one, and basically became non-functional until I quit the app and restarted it. The thread was quite the land mine, and I will admit to occasionally using some… colorful language after accidentally clicking on it.

Charles