[swift-users] Optional binding with non-optional expression

Martin R martinr448 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 4 05:00:35 CDT 2017

I don’t think that explains it (or perhaps I did not understand your response correctly).

Here is the same issue with a custom type (which does not have a failable initializer):

   struct A { }

   if let a = A() { }
   // error: initializer for conditional binding must have Optional type, not 'A'

   if let a: A = A() { }
   // warning: non-optional expression of type 'A' used in a check for optionals