[swift-users] Calling default implementation of protocol methods as selectors

Zhao Xin owenzx at gmail.com
Sun Jun 4 00:04:32 CDT 2017

I was not talking about the formatting. I am talking about the
implementation.

You can't use `self` before you call `super.init` as you did now. If
 changing your implementation to called `super.init` and then call `self`
in `super.init` again. You would have called `super.init` twice. I don't
know what that means. But it smells bad.

Zhaoxin

On Sun, Jun 4, 2017 at 12:51 PM, Geordie Jay <geojay at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks for the amendment, and sorry for the (lack of) formatting. I
> painstakingly typed that on my phone with manually-spaced indenting, which
> the Inbox app unhelpfully removed entirely when I pressed send. Pasting
> into Xcode should do the trick though..
>
> Geordie
>
> On Sun 4. Jun 2017 at 14:49, Zhao Xin <owenzx at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> You should change to another way. Using `self` in `super.init` is not
>> allowed.
>>
>> Zhaoxin
>>
>> On Sun, Jun 4, 2017 at 12:38 PM, Geordie Jay <geojay at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> I am dealing with a variant of this on Android right now. I have just
>>> subclassed e.g. UITapGestureRecognizer to perform the 2nd variant above and
>>> externally accept a closure as its argument. I'm writing this on my phone
>>> so forgive any syntax errors or accidental omissions:
>>>
>>> class TapGestureRecognizer: UITapGestureRecognizer {
>>> var onTap: (() -> Void)?
>>> init(onTap: (() -> Void)?) {
>>> self.onTap = onTap