[swift-users] swift 4.0 "swift-version 4" errors with "type(of:"

Slava Pestov spestov at apple.com
Fri May 19 14:38:49 CDT 2017

Do you have a member named ‘type’ in the current scope?

We changed the behavior of type(of:) so that it behaves like a normal declaration in the Swift module instead of a special keyword. Unfortunately this means if you have a ‘type’ already visible in scope, you have to fully qualify Swift.type(of:).

Slava