[swift-users] Swift creduce

Huon Wilson huon at apple.com
Wed Apr 19 19:21:01 CDT 2017

No; Swift just looks C-like enough that many of the various heuristics creduce has still work reasonably efficiently. Unless one's “good or not” script is doing something weird, the areas where creduce doesn’t understand Swift are ignored, because the compiler output is not going to match what the script is checking for.

The main downside of it not understanding Swift is that it is likely to be slower than on C, since it’ll be wasting its time on some mutations that will very very rarely be interesting.

Huon