[swift-users] What is the intended response to Array change notification for dependents?

Edward Connell ewconnell at gmail.com
Mon Mar 6 20:56:34 CST 2017

I would like to have an Array implementation where I get more information
than just "the whole thing changed".
As a value type I get it, but lets say it's a list of 500 image info
structs and it's bound to UI. You change one item, now the whole array
changes and you have to rebuild the entire visual tree right? Rebuilding
the state of dependent objects can be really expensive, not just UI things.

Is there some efficient strategy that the library designers intended for
this situation?
It seems like a really common and obvious scenario.
Insights and suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks, Ed