[swift-users] @swift-ci Response time

Michael Gottesman mgottesman at apple.com
Sun Mar 5 13:58:11 CST 2017

> On Mar 4, 2017, at 5:24 PM, Mohit Athwani via swift-users <swift-users at swift.org> wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> I submitted my first pull request ever and I'm super excited!
>
> @swift-ci has been tagged to test my code and I'm wondering how long does it take to perform it's tests and give me the result?

It depends on what type of test you trigger. There is documentation on the swift-ci Continuous Integration system here: https://github.com/apple/swift/blob/master/docs/ContinuousIntegration.md <https://github.com/apple/swift/blob/master/docs/ContinuousIntegration.md>. I find that as long as not first in the day, the swift-ci system finishes a smoke test in 30-40 minutes. If you are the first build of the day, the Linux side can take a bit longer (IIRC the builders are wiped of artifacts nightly, so the first build of the day is clean).

*NOTE* To trigger swift-ci you have to be a swift committer. If you look in the README there is a link to the Contributing to Swift Guide. More information is there.