[swift-users] Ambiguous reference to members of FileHandle

Dmitry Shevchenko dmishe at google.com
Wed Feb 22 11:13:30 CST 2017

#selector(FileHandle.readToEndOfFileInBackgroundAndNotify) throws an error:
  Ambiguous use of 'readToEndOfFileInBackgroundAndNotify'

So I've tried to specify it a bit more (notice the parens):
#selector(FileHandle.readToEndOfFileInBackgroundAndNotify())
  Ambiguous reference to member
'readToEndOfFileInBackgroundAndNotify(forModes:)'

So I've tried to cast it to a Void -> Void func:
#selector(FileHandle.readToEndOfFileInBackgroundAndNotify as (Void) -> Void)
  Ambiguous reference to member
'readToEndOfFileInBackgroundAndNotify(forModes:)'

How do I settle this one?

Method signatures in the generated header are:
open func readToEndOfFileInBackgroundAndNotify(forModes modes:
[RunLoopMode]?)
open func readToEndOfFileInBackgroundAndNotify()