[swift-users] Swift 101: JSON or XML?

Roy Henderson roy at scotmail.net
Fri Feb 3 07:00:11 CST 2017

Hi,

I'm about to develop my first non-trivial (for me) Swift 3 app. It will retrieve data from a web server and present it on an iOS device.

I would welcome guidance regarding whether I should use JSON or XML to store the data on the web server? The effort to generate either format will be similar so my real decision driver is on the client side. Volume will typically be 100-250 "records" per request with each record comprising 5-10 text fields.

I don't want to pull in any third-party components but stay entirely Apple.

TIA,

Roy