[swift-users] Canvas & drawing

Brian Holdsworth brian.holdsworth at gmail.com
Thu Feb 2 06:05:02 CST 2017

Hi. I am new to the list. I apologize if I am joining this discussion topic
"late".

I can imagine a future in which all my non-browser client development is
centered around Swift. I'm excited for such a future!

But my platform needs include Linux, and I currently see no method for
opening a canvas and drawing. That is not much, but it would be a good
starting point, and would probably carry some developers like me pretty far.

My first thought was SDL. What about a Swift friendly binding to SDL that
works on Linux, Mac, and iOS? Is such a thing, or a better equivalent,
already happening?

Best,
Brian