[swift-users] How to debug Segmentation Fault

Jim Ingham jingham at apple.com
Wed Feb 1 20:03:32 CST 2017

There is a Linux port of lldb, the swift enabled version of which is included in the toolchains that are built for Swift on Linux.  gdb will do fine for the C side of the world, but it knows nothing about Swift.  So if you need to see the swift side of the world to understand your crash, you'll need to use that lldb.  You use it in pretty much the same way as gdb, and there are tutorials for its use at:

http://lldb.llvm.org

Jim