[swift-users] SwiftPM package naming question

David Sweeris davesweeris at mac.com
Sun Jan 29 22:18:41 CST 2017

I have a package that, on the filesystem, is named “tmpArbWidthInteger”, but its Package.swift file looks like this:
let package = Package(
    name: "ArbWidthInteger"
)
In another package, I have the 1st package listed as a dependency, and to use it there, I have to write "import tmpArbWidthInteger". I figured SwiftPM would pull the library’s name from the Package.swift file rather than the package directory's name, but "import ArbWidthInteger” throws a “no such module” error.

Have I found a bug, is the “name” feature not implemented yet, or did I just miss a couple pages in the manual?

- Dave Sweeris